Subscriber Privacy Notice
This notice is being provided in accordance with the Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984, a federal law which requires all cable operators to notify subscribers of the collection, use and disclosure of personally identifiable information regarding a cable subscriber.
- Baldwin Telecom, Inc. collects certain personally identifiable information from each cable subscriber. This information consists of data such as the subscriber’s name, address, phone number, Social Security number, payment and deposit records, bank account numbers used to pay for our services, credit information, maintenance and complaint information and service options you have chosen. The information is collected and used only for billing and other legitimate practices related to rendering cable and other services provided by Baldwin Telecom, Inc. including the detection of unauthorized reception of cable services.
- Personally identifiable subscriber information collected by Baldwin Telecom, Inc. will be disclosed only under the following circumstances:
- To cable system employees or their agents when necessary to render cable or other services provided by Baldwin Telecom, Inc. to the subscriber;
- Businesses which provide services to us, such as accountants and other tax consultants;
- To debt collection agencies for the purpose of collecting a past due bill;
- To prepare, print and/or deliver monthly invoices for our services or informational materials we would like to distribute to our subscribers; or
- Pursuant to a court order authorizing such disclosure. With respect to court orders seeking disclosure of personally identifiable information, Baldwin Telecom, Inc. is required to notify the affected subscriber prior to releasing the requested information. In those cases where governmental entities attempt to obtain a court order requiring disclosure, the affected subscriber is entitled to notice of the court proceeding and an opportunity to contest the government entity’s request in court.
- The law allows us to disclose your name and address for non-cable related mailing lists or other purposes unless you tell us you do not wish to disclose this information. With respect to the disclosure of lists containing the names and addresses of subscribers, you may exercise your right to prohibit the release of your name and address on these lists by notifying Baldwin Telecom, Inc. in writing at the address set forth on your monthly billing statement of your desire not to have such information disclosed.
- Generally, personally identifiable information will be collected and maintained by Baldwin Telecom, Inc. during the period of time you are receiving service, as well as for a reasonable amount of time thereafter, in order to do any follow-up billing. After such a time, when the information is no longer necessary to conduct cable-related activities and is not required by us for any legitimate business purpose the personally identifiable information will be destroyed.
- As a subscriber, you may review any personally identifiable information collected by Baldwin Telecom, Inc. relating to you during business hours at the address set forth on the monthly billing statement. Please notify us in advance of your visit so the information can be collected and made available for your inspection. You have the right to correct any error in the information.
- If you believe we have violated your privacy rights as established by law, in addition to other remedies that may be available to you, you may bring civil action against us in a United States District Court.